Tuesday 28 January 2014

Face Of The Day #1


This is my first post of the 'Face Of The Day' series, which is basically just me showing you guys what I'm wearing on my face, along with descriptions of the products I use. Today, I went for a more natural and fresh look.

EYES


For my eyes, I decided to mute it down and so, I lightly sweeped The Body Shop eyeshadow in #13, which is a matte creamy white colour, across my lids to give it a swash of colour and cover up my veins. This also helps brighten up my eyes.

For eyeliner, I tight lined using the Dior waterproof eyeliner pencil and created a thin line with a small flick at the end on my upper lid with the MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. Both eyeliners stay put throughout the day and are very pigmented - aka, they are jet black. I then used the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 005 Nude to tight line my lower last line, which also helps brighten up my eye.

For mascara, I used the Bourjois Volumizer mascara in Ultra Black, which has two steps (two brushes) to it. You're supposed to use the smaller brush for the first coat to give it some volume and use the other bigger, fatter brush for another few coats to achieve up to 11x more volume. Although it did give a lot of volume, it didn't give much length, which isn't really an ideal all-in-one mascara.


For my brows, I used the Sleek Brow Kit in Medium. I took the angle brush that it comes along with and dabbed it a few times into the wax then a few more times into the powder and filled in my brows according to its shape. I find that this method creates a more natural effect as the harshness that the wax creates is toned down by the powder, whilst using less product as I don't need to use extra powder to set my brows.



FACE


 I didn't use foundation as I feel the need to use it on a daily basis - it's too heavy and unnecessary if I'm just doing some errands! I used the Shu Uemura concealer to cover my blemishes, which I'm not a big fan of as it is quite drying for my skin - it sets on my dry patches - though, it gives a decent amount of coverage. I normally contour my face, but, as I said, I was going for a more natural look today, so I just used blusher on the apples of my cheeks to give it a pop of colour. The one I used is NARS Orgasm blush, which is a peachy pink colour with some golden shimmer running through it. It gives the most natural, pinky glow to your face!

LIPS



Although it looks like a very bright colour in the tube, this YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in 62K801(15) - if that even is the name of it - has a sheer and glossy finish. It is the perfect nude colour for my skin tone as it has a slight peachy tint to it. It is also quite moisturizing on my lips and glides on very easily.


To give my lips a bit more shine, I topped it up with the Benefit Dandelion lipgloss, which is a peachy nude colour. It even tastes like peaches! It's not very sticky or glossy, which I love because I wanted my makeup to look natural and fresh.




What are your makeup essentials for a natural/fresh look?



CHESS




No comments:

Post a Comment